Yet more conflict over the retenciones… indirectly. A conflict between two more of the militant left-wing groups here in Buenos Aires and the police led to several injuries yesterday. As a result the two parties, the Partido Obrero and Quebracho staged a march from the Congreso to the Casa Rosada to condem the use of force by the police. Today’s event, July 8, 2008 passed without much incident as far as I could tell. It was still a trip to see protesters decked out in head scarves carrying batons. They were a minority compared to the amount of people who came. But, they were also a very good picture. Click HERE for the slide show.
Anti-government Protest in Argentina
July 9, 2008 by cmykphoto42
Posted in Argentina, Buenos Aires, Journalism, Living Abroad, News, Photography, South America | Tagged Argentina, Buenos Aires, Campo, Export Tax, Kirchner, Partido Obrero, Quebracho, Retenciones, South America | 1 Comment
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Looking for me?
TagsArgentina black and white Buenos Aires Campo child Children City cityscape city scape Comedor Cusco Fashion Glacier Hiking japan japanese Journalism Kirchner La Boca lights Living Abroad Los Pibes Night Palermo Patagonia Peru photographs Photography photos poor Portraits Poverty Povery Recycling renting Retenciones Skyline South America Sumo Tattoo Tattoo show Travel Trekking villa 31 Wrestling
- No shower. No food. No sanity. 3+ cups of coffee and 12 hours later. 1 newly redesigned website: caitlinmargaretkelly.com 7 hours ago
- I'm hungry, but I don't know why I bothered looking in my fridge again. Kind of funny. instagram.com/p/aqnyO7uxVz/ 1 day ago
- My perfect selfie at Monticello. #charlottesville #caitlinontheroad instagram.com/p/aleUN3uxXk/ 3 days ago
- Random pics #charlottesville #caitlinontheroad instagram.com/p/alPhUXOxSa/ 3 days ago
- Random pics #charlottesville #caitlinontheroad instagram.com/p/alPYOOOxSU/ 3 days ago
cmykphoto42 on The unfamiliar sounds of the… rezus on The unfamiliar sounds of the… cmykphoto42 on From My Point of View –…
- 52,970 hits